GIS plays a key role in helping to decide what types of businesses or activities will be granted water rights and access to land in and around watersheds.
|Honolulu used GIS to deploy a new permitting application.
Learn more [PDF]
GIS facilitates a number of permitting-related tasks such as
- Population and demand projections
- Water quality monitoring
- Hazardous materials tracking/underground tank management
- Well log and data management
- Site analysis
- Geobibliography (past studies)
- Development review and approval
- Right-of-way engineering
- Water flow analysis
View related case studies.