Preparing for the Conference
Each session will have an assigned session moderator. The session moderator will be contacting each presenter to discuss deadlines, answer questions, and provide resources. If you do not hear from your session moderator by May 19th, please contact the UC Agenda Committee. This moderator will also be your contact on-site to help set up your presentation as well as keep time for your session group and provide the laptop that you will use for your presentation.
All presentation slides must be submitted by Friday, June 16, 2017 in order to be eligible to present in July. These slides do not have to be the final version that you present at the conference, but this is necessary to confirm your presentation spot. Only submissions that are presented will be published in the conference proceedings. If you have confidential material that is not authorized to be published, please email the UC Agenda Committee to coordinate an alternative way to submit your final presentation by Friday, June 16.If you can not see where to upload your presentation, please email your session moderator or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upload Your Presentation
PowerPoint Slide Suggestions
- All PowerPoint presentations must use a 4:3 ratio.
- Use a minimum text size of 18 points to ensure readability in large conference rooms. Consider dividing content among additional slides as needed.
- Use high-contrast colors for text, graphics, and related formatting such as bullets and arrows. Avoid red, dark green, or black text on dark backgrounds. Recommended text colors for dark backgrounds are white, yellow, light green, or light blue.
- If you are planning to include a demo or story map in your presentation, please be sure to check that your file is not behind a security wall so you can access the presentation on site.
- If you use animations, please limit them to a minimum and practice your presentation to become familiar with the progression.
- If your presentation has sound, please note that there are no speakers in the room setup, but you can request speakers. Please see below for how to make requests.
- Please note that the upload limit size for proceedings is 30MB.
- You are welcome to use our template PowerPoint file, but it is not required. Download Template
At the Conference
Step 1: Register. If you need to register or have a balance due, visit on-site registration in Hall D of the San Diego Convention Center. If you have already registered, visit badge pick-up area to receive your badge.
Step 2: Check in. Visit the Speaker Resource Center located at Room 33 B/C (Upper level, Bayside) to check in as a presenter and pick up your presenter ribbon. The Speaker Resource Center is also the location that can provide assistance with any presentation questions throughout the week.
The services provided in this room include:
- Presentation coaching and feedback from Esri instructors
- Access to projectors, printers, computers, and presentation software
- Group meeting space or private work areas
|Speaker Resource Center – SDCC, Room 33 B/C (Upper Level, Bayside)
||1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Check In Desk Only)
||10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Check In Desk)
12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Training/Practice Room)
||7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
|Presentation Skills Workshop - SDCC, Room 32 B
Learn techniques for building and delivering professional presentations including slide authoring, demo skills and public speaking fundamentals.
||12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
||7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
|12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The Day of Your Presentation
- Make sure to bring the final version of your presentation on a flash drive.
- Arrive at your session room 15 minutes early to setup and meet with your moderator.
Standard Equipment Provided in Presentation Rooms
- LCD projector
- One projection screen
- Lectern/Podium with stationary microphone
- Head table and chairs
- Erasable board or flip chart
Requesting/Renting Additional Equipment
If you would like to request or rent additional equipment, contact Speaker Services at least two hours before your session begins. Requests made less than two hours prior cannot be guaranteed.
Equipment that must be requested before the session:
- Extra erasable board or flip chart
- Overhead projector
Optional items that may be rented by the presenter:
- Lavaliere microphone (wireless)
- PC speakers
All presentation rooms in the San Diego Convention Center have Internet access through the session moderator's laptop. You may not use your own computer to access the hard line Internet in session rooms. Do not plan to download any data for your presentation through this connection.
A wireless connection is provided for all Esri UC attendees. This can be accessed in general areas, session rooms, and meeting rooms. Presenters should not depend on the WiFi connection to access data for their presentation.
All presentations uploaded by the deadline will be uploaded to our conference proceedings page. If you have updates to your presentation, you can email the UC Agenda Team the week following the conference.