Esri Fosters Industry Innovation with Unique Startup Program
Initiative enables top startups to incorporate location analytics into their products and develop breakthrough solutions
June 30, 2016
, the world’s leading mapping platform company,continues to foster industry innovation and development of novel approaches to the world’s most difficult challenges. The company’s unique Startup Program
enables the most promising emerging businesses to incorporate location analytics into their services and solutions. By providing access to Esri’s flagship ArcGIS platform at no cost, selected startups can leverage new dimensions of data and visualization capabilities to create breakthrough advancements and deliver truly innovative products to market that address everything from public safety to disaster response, legislation to weather impacts on energy sources.
Created by Esri in 2012 to offer tools and support to help startups succeed, the free, three-year program provides online services, software, support, and training to kick-start product development. Companies founded less than three years ago that build software or platform-as-a-service products and currently generate less than $1 million annually may be eligible to participate in the Esri Startup Program. Hundreds of startups from around the globe are enrolled.
Featured companies include:
- Mapillary: By developing a platform which empowers anyone to create their own street-level imagery using devices they already own, Mapillary is harnessing the power of crowdsourcing photos. In partnership with Esri, this company is pioneering new approaches to dynamic map development for urban planning, transportation safety, disaster response, and conservation especially for areas of the world which are virtually unmapped.
- Echosec: Echosec’s location-first search platform puts social media on the map—literally. By harnessing real-time knowledge gathered from publicly available social media posts, this startup is providing public safety, security, journalism and intelligence professionals with a way to gather intelligence on a situation as it happens, in the shortest amount of time.
- Snaptrends: The company’s social media monitoring software empowers organizations to visualize social conversations by capturing and analyzing social media content in any specified geographic location automatically. With a wide range of data analysis features to help users analyze and understand the collected insights, Snaptrends makes finding data that matters easy.
- DataCapable: This startup helps energy companies put social media data to work for customer service, outage management, and storm impact prediction. By integrating data from social feeds—including images and video—the company mines, maps, and analyzes data in real-time allowing utilities to interpret customer engagement and get a dependable, operational view of the grid.
- Quorum: In conjunction with Esri’s ArcGIS platform, Quorum has developed the world’s most comprehensive database of legislative information. By establishing a centralized location for all legislative information, Quorum helps users make sense of the data, use it to identify legislators whose constituents might be most affected by a particular policy, and demonstrate their impact to lawmakers.
- Vricon: Vricon is working to make high resolution, accurate 3D data available at global scale. Unlike traditional solutions that produce cumbersome datasets, Vricon's automated image processing technology, coupled with the world's largest archive of high-resolution commercial satellite imagery, delivers 3D production that is fast and scalable.
Esri Startup Program members also gain access to Esri’s global community of over 350,000 clients and more than 3,500 Esri employees and each member joins as an emerging partner in the Esri Partner Network (EPN) which consists of more than 2,000 partners worldwide. In addition, the program includes opportunities for co-marketing and networking with industry experts at events such as the upcoming Esri User Conference.
For more information or to apply to be a member of the Esri Startup Program, please visit www.esri.com/startups.
# # #
Karen Richardson, Esri
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-3491
E-mail (press only): email@example.com
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org