November 12–14, 2013
Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre,
ArcGIS I: Introduction to GIS (10.1)
Duration: 2 days (November 11-12)
APUC Registered Delegates - $720
Non-registered Delegates - $960
What is the course about?
This course teaches what a GIS is and what you can do with it. Working with various components of the ArcGIS system, you will create GIS maps, explore and analyse the data behind the maps, and apply methods to easily share your maps. By the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of how GIS maps and ArcGIS tools are used to visualize real-world features, discover patterns, obtain information, and communicate that information to others.
Am I ready for this course?
Individuals who do not have any prior GIS education or workplace experience with GIS.
What Skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Quickly create and share a GIS map using ArcGIS web-based tools and content.
- Find and organize geographic data and other GIS resources for a mapping project.
- Accurately display features on a GIS map and efficiently access information about them.
- Analyse a GIS map to identify where features that meet specific criteria are located.
- Share GIS maps and analysis results so they can be viewed using desktop applications, websites, and mobile devices
Are there any prerequisites?
Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing is required.