Share Your Story
Participation from GIS professionals like you makes the Esri Africa User Conference much more than just another regional technology event. It's a place to collaborate, connect, and get inspired by the work of your colleagues. We encourage you to share what you know to help GIS professionals of all experience levels better leverage the power of GIS technology.
The deadline to submit is February 28, 2014.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Information Required on Submissions
- Author/Presenter name(s)
- Presentation title (10 words or less)
- Topic category
- Complete address, e-mail, phone, and fax
- Organisation name
- Brief presenter biography (50 words or less)
- Abstract of 250 words or less for use in the online agenda
Your submission should answer these questions:
- What problem did you solve with GIS? What advantage did GIS give you?
- What types of geospatial analysis did you use? Explain how and why.
- What are your findings or results?
- How can this project be useful for the audience?
Content and Formatting
- All submissions must be noncommercial. At no time is it permissible for presenters to use their time slot to advertise or promote a product, service, or company.
- Remember, the information you enter is used for publishing purposes (e.g., website and agenda); therefore, eliminate bullet points, numbering, or words in all capital letters. Submissions must be in English.
- Do not include information in your abstract that will not be included in your presentation.
Presentations are typically 30 minutes or less. Proceedings will be published on the event website. This year's committee will evaluate all abstracts and make selections based on topic, content, and time available. All authors will be notified after the selection process. A detailed program of presentations and events will be provided prior to the conference. A projector, screen, and laptop and Internet access will be provided in the presentation room. You will be required to provide your final presentation in electronic format prior to the event.
Please contact the AUC Team with questions.