Call for Presentations
Share Your Story
As a GIS professional, your expertise can make a real difference at the Esri Africa User Conference (AUC). Presenting your
work will inspire your peers and help shape the future of GIS in the region.
We encourage you to tell your GIS story to help GIS professionals of all experience levels better leverage the power of
Gain visibility and be part of the collaboration that is a cornerstone of this major regional event. Submit your abstract
The deadline to submit is May 15, 2015.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Choose One of These Topics
- National Government
- Natural Resources
- Healthcare/Human Services
- Local Government
- Public Safety
Information Required on Submissions
- Author/Presenter name(s)
- Presentation title (10 words or fewer)
- Topic category
- Company name
- Contact information
- Abstract (500 characters or fewer)
Answer These Questions
- What problem did you solve with GIS? What advantage did GIS give you?
- What types of geospatial analysis did you use? Explain how and why.
- What are your findings or results?
- How can this project be useful to the audience?
Content and Formatting
- All submissions must be noncommercial. At no time is it permissible for presenters to use their time slots to advertise
or promote a product, service, or company.
- Remember, the information you enter is used for publishing purposes (e.g., website and agenda); therefore,
eliminate bullet points, numbering, or all capital letters. Submissions must be in English.
- Do not include information in your abstract that will not be a part of your presentation.
Presentations are typically 20 minutes, with five minutes of Q&A. Proceedings will be published on the event website.
This year's committee will evaluate all abstracts and make selections based on topic, content, and time available. All authors
will be notified after the selection process. A detailed program of presentations and events will be provided prior to the
conference. A projector, a screen, a laptop, and Internet access will be provided in each presentation room.
Please contact the AUC team with