Tuesday, March 8
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Palm Springs Convention Center, Primrose A
When is the last time a five-minute presentation changed your way of thinking? All it takes for a great idea is a spark. Come see some of your peers share their own sparks that have turned into projects that incorporate the use of GIS. Do you have a great idea that has motivated you to use GIS technology in your projects that you would like to share? Inspire others to do the same imaginative thinking by sharing your own experience. Presenters are given five-minutes to share their awesomely imaginative ideas and concepts that have been or are in the midst of coming to fruition with the use of GIS.
- Share one great idea —Tell a story, motivate, and inspire.
- Make it quick —Presentations must be five minutes or less.
- No live demos —We want to hear about the idea directly from you.
- Be creative —You can use slides, videos, or Prezi to present your talk.
- Avoid sales pitches —Refrain from advertising products and services.
- Hurry and sign up! —There are only 18 slots, so submit your lightning talk soon!
- Have fun! —This is your chance to share your passion for your great idea. For inspiration, read How to Give a Great Ignite Talk or watch a lightning talk on writing Unix daemons to see how a seemingly dull topic can be made exciting.
Lightning Talk submissions are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis and space is limited. Email your Lightning Talk proposal to LightningTalks@esri.com by the March 4 deadline, including the following:
- Your full name, title, organization, email address, and phone number.
- Your final Lightning Talk PowerPoint slides, video, or Prezi.
- A short description of your talk (500 characters or less).
- A brief, interesting fact about yourself that we can share with the Lightning Talks audience.