Call for Presentations
The Esri education team invites you to exchange ideas and best practices with fellow GIS educators, administrators, researchers, learning technologists, librarians, youth program professionals, and students at next year's Esri Education GIS Conference in San Diego, California. Participating in the conference will connect you with others who share your professional interests, making it the premier thought-leadership event for those involved in GIS education. Sunday’s sessions will use an "unconference" format, providing new opportunities for participation.
Abstracts are now being accepted for Lightning Talks and User Presentations in moderated sessions on Saturday and Tuesday. Proposals for sessions on Sunday will be accepted at the event.
Lightning Talks are five-minute presentations focusing on one key point; this can be an idea, a successful project, a cautionary story, a collaboration invitation, a quick tip, or a demonstration.
Lightning Talks are an excellent opportunity for first-time speakers.
User presentations describe research or innovative projects in 15 minutes. They should include the goals of the work, present the results or lessons learned, and indicate how the information presented can be useful for the audience.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Content and Formatting
- The presenter biography should be 25 words or less.
- The title should be 10 words or less.
- The abstract should be 150 words or less. Do not include information in your abstract that will not be included in your presentation.
- Please include 5–10 keywords at the end of your abstract.
- The information you enter is used for publishing purposes (e.g., website and agenda). Please do not use bullet points, numbering, or all capital letters. Submissions must be in English.
- All presentations must be noncommercial. Partners must have a client as the primary presenter.
This year's committee will evaluate all abstracts and make selections based on topic, content, and time available.
- A detailed program of presentations will be provided prior to the conference.
- A projector and screen will be provided in the presentation room.