Preparing for the Conference
All final presentation slides must be submitted by Wednesday, June 1, 2016 in order to be eligible to present in June. Only submissions that are actually presented will be published in the conference proceedings. If you have confidential material that is not authorized to be published, please email the UC Agenda Committee to coordinate an alternative way to submit your final presentation by Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
Please note that you present from the session moderator's laptop. You will be asked to upload your presentation before the conference begins in order to ensure material is working properly.
- All presentations must use a 4:3 ratio.
- Use a minimum text size of 18 points to ensure readability in large conference rooms. Consider dividing content among additional slides as needed.
- Use high-contrast colors for text, graphics, and related formatting such as bullets and arrows. Avoid red, dark green, or black text on dark backgrounds. Recommended text colors for dark backgrounds are white, yellow, light green, or light blue.
- If you use animations, please limit them to a minimum and practice your presentation to become familiar with the progression.
- Please note that the maximum file size is 25MB.
At the Conference
Step 1: Check in.
Pick up your badge and registration materials in the Marina Lobby, Level 3 of the Marriott Hotel. If you need to register or have a balance due please visit the On-Site Registration / Changes counter.
Step 2: Present.
Make sure to bring your presentation on a flash drive or CD. Arrive at your session room 15 minutes early to setup and meet with your moderator.
Standard Equipment Provided in Presentation Rooms
- LCD projector
- One projection screen
- Lectern/Podium with stationary microphone
- Head table and chairs
- Erasable board or flip chart
Requesting/Renting Additional Equipment
If you would like to request or rent additional equipment, contact Speaker Services at least two weeks before your session begins.
Equipment that must be requested before the session:
- Extra erasable board or flip chart
Optional items that may be rented by the presenter:
All presentation rooms in the Marriott Marquis and Marina have Internet access through the session moderator's laptop.
A wireless connection is provided for all Esri Education GIS Conference attendees. This can be accessed in general areas, session rooms, and meeting rooms. Presenters should not depend on the WiFi connection to access data for their presentation.