Preparing for the Conference
All final presentation slides must be submitted by Friday, July 3 in order to be eligible to present in July. Only submissions that are actually presented will be published in the conference proceedings. If you have confidential material that is not authorized to be published, please email the UC agenda committee to coordinate an alternative way to submit your final presentation by Friday, July 3.
The conference PowerPoint template is now available here. Once you've placed your presentation into the UC2015 PPT template, please upload your final presentation here. Note: you may use other presentation tools if you wish. The PowerPoint template is provided for your convenience but is not required.
- All presentations must use a 4:3 ratio.
- Use a minimum text size of 18 points to ensure readability in large conference rooms. Consider dividing content among additional slides as needed.
- Use high-contrast colors for text, graphics, and related formatting such as bullets and arrows. Avoid red, dark green, or black text on dark backgrounds. Recommended text colors for dark backgrounds are white, yellow, light green, or light blue.
- If you use animations, please limit them to a minimum and practice your presentation to become familiar with the progression.
The Day of Your Presentation
- Make sure to bring your presentation on a flash drive or CD.
- Arrive at your session room 15 minutes early to setup and meet with your moderator.
Standard Equipment Provided in Presentation Rooms
- LCD projector
- One projection screen
- Lectern/Podium with stationary microphone
- Head table and chairs
- Erasable board or flip chart
Requesting/Renting Additional Equipment
If you would like to request or rent additional equipment, contact Speaker Services at least two hours before your session begins. Requests made less than two hours prior cannot be guaranteed.
Equipment that must be requested before the session:
- Extra erasable board or flip chart
- Overhead projector
Optional items that may be rented by the presenter:
- Lavaliere microphone (wireless)
- PC speakers
All presentation rooms in the Marriott Marquis and Marina have Internet access through the session moderator's laptop. You may not use your own computer to access the Internet in session rooms. Do not plan to download any data for your presentation through this connection.
A wireless connection is provided for all Esri Education GIS Conference attendees. This can be accessed in general areas, session rooms, and meeting rooms. Presenters should not depend on the WiFi connection to access data for their presentation.