Hands-on Learning Lab
Monday, September 14
5:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 15
1:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 16
8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
The HOLL (Hands-On Learning Lab) is a training resource provided and developed by Esri Training Services. The lab is an excellent way to introduce ArcGIS® software users to a variety of Esri® solutions and training opportunities while learning to use Esri software.
The HOLL consists of a group of laptops with headphones where students can work through lessons at their own pace. A lesson consists of a recorded presentation followed by a hands-on exercise. Each lesson typically takes from about 45 minutes to one hour to complete, and students can generally come and go as they please.No advanced registration is required.
Lessons Available Include
- Getting Started with GIS 1: Understanding the ArcGIS Platform
- Getting Started with GIS 2: Using ArcMAP to Explore GIS Data
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro
- Advantages to Storing Your GIS Data in the Geodatabase
- Creating Presentation Quality Maps in ArcMap
- Editing GIS Data in ArcMap
- Multi-user Editing Using Versioning
- Editing and Maintaining Parcels Stored in a Parcel Fabric
- Geocoding Street Addresses to Create Map Points
- Importing and Preparing CAD Data for Use in ArcGIS
- The Importance of Spatial Reference in Tactical Applications
- Exploring Health and Epidemic Patterns Using Spatial Statistics Tools
- Optimizing Transportation Routs Using ArcGIS Network Analyst
- Modeling Time and Distance Along Networks Using Linear Referencing
- Working with Geometric Networks to Manage Utilities
- Interpolating Sample Points to Create Rasters Using Spatial Analyst Tools
- Geoprocessing GIS Data Using Python
- Sharing Maps and GIS Content Using ArcGIS Online
- Understanding Web Services Using ArcGIS for Server
- Generating Web Applications for the GIS Novice
- Getting Started with the Community Maps Data Preparation Tools
- Mapping Excel Data Using Esri Maps for Office