Not quite as fast as lightning, but these talks are designed to be quick. Give a ten-minute presentation about a GIS application, tool, or integration that has helped you with your ocean work.
Submit Lightning Talk
The deadline to submit is September 2, 2016.
Our committee will evaluate your abstract and make selections based on relevance, content, and time available. All authors will be notified after the selection process.
Abstract Submission Guidelines and Tips
Provide this information:
- Author/Presenter name(s)
- Presentation title (10 words or fewer)
- Company name
- Contact information
- Brief presenter biography (25 words or fewer)
- Abstract (500 characters or fewer)
Be sure to answer these questions:
- What problem did you solve with GIS? What advantage did GIS give you?
- What types of geospatial analysis did you use? Explain how and why you used them.
- What are your findings or results?
- How will the audience benefit?
- You must provide your final presentation in electronic format prior to the event.
- Your talk is limited to five minutes, so you will need to get to the point immediately. Practice with a timer.
- A projector, screen, laptop, and Internet connection will be provided in the presentation room.
- Presentations must be noncommercial. Do not promote a product, service, or company.