November 5-7, 2013
Esri Conference Center
About the Esri Ocean GIS Forum
A GIS Forum Just About the Ocean
The new Esri GIS for Ocean Forum is about you and the work you do for marine and coast. Meet ocean professionals who will share their experiences using GIS for ocean research, protection, and planning. Talk to GIS experts about how to put your project on the fast track to success.
In 2012, we invited an elite group of ocean scientists, GIS analysts, and developers from around the world to meet with Esri and plan a strategy for the future of ocean mapping. We know that when GIS users that work in the same field come together, they share ideas, solve problems, and find better work processes that bring value to their organizations. In the spirit of that summit we are launching the Esri Ocean GIS Forum.
Here is what you will get from this forum:
- Connection to a network of ocean professionals
- Tips from the Esri tech services team for your specific project
- Information about new GIS systems, portals, platforms, and cloud services
- Best practices for measurement, survey, analysis, and planning
- Ideas for getting more value from your data and GIS
Who Should Attend?
This forum is for people who are interested in or use GIS for ocean research and exploration, ecosystem and environmental analysis, coastal protection and marine spatial planning, fisheries, and aquaculture.