2008 Esri and Xplore Technologies Mobile Government Demonstration Project Grant Program [PDF]
- Alabama Forestry Commission, Forest Management Division
- City of Sarasota, Florida, Public Works and Utilities Department
- County of Bay, Florida, Emergency Services Department
- County of Montgomery, Maryland, Department of Parks
- State of California, Department of Transportation, District 11
- County of Woodford, Kentucky
- Eastern Municipal Water District, California
- State of California, Department of Transportation, District 7
- Town of Narragansett, Rhode Island, Department of Community Development
- Village of Algonquin, Illinois, Parks and Forestry Department
The goal of this grant series is to foster innovative approaches to solving government problems through the combined use of GIS, GPS, wireless, and server technology. Projects must demonstrate how GIS is a mission-critical technology in delivering government services as well as how mobile GIS solutions will result in increased efficiencies and/or effectiveness in daily efforts.
This program represents a means of providing governments with the tools and equipment necessary to develop and extend their GIS programs into the field via next generation mobile GIS and server GIS technologies.
These ten state, regional, and local governments in the United States will be awarded Esri and Xplore Technologies software, hardware, and training grants totaling $95,950.
Xplore Grant Frequently asked Questions [PDF]