Emergency managers use GIS during all phases of a crisis. GIS tools help you understand the impact of the incident, decide the level of response, update the status of the response effort, and share this information with officials. With GIS, you can:
- Plan for the evacuation of areas in danger.
- Dispatch emergency personnel to the scene.
- Create automated notifications about the incident.
- Reroute vehicles around the impacted areas.
- Provide a collaborative environment for a common operational picture.
These stories show how defense organizations use GIS for emergency operations.
More case studies and literature.
GIS Tools for Defense
Esri offers a range of specialized tools for defense and intelligence organizations.