Public works personnel use GIS to visualize and analyze utility networks. GIS helps you plan network expansions, model possible changes, and schedule repairs and maintenance. GIS also helps you share this information with other personnel. With GIS, you can:
- Manage assets in real time.
- Integrate the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system.
- Create and view schematic diagrams of utility networks.
- Analyze upstream/downstream tracing to isolate incidents and analyze impacts.
- Depict schematic and geographic views of a network from the same data source.
- Manage energy resources.
Learn how defense organizations use GIS for public works.
More case studies and literature.
GIS Tools for Defense
Esri offers a range of specialized tools for defense and intelligence organizations.