Agencies and Organizations Use GIS for Environmental Management
From communities of farmers and foresters to government agencies to commodity investors, Esri's enterprise GIS provides people with access to a system that meets their needs to
- Reduce maintenance costs.
- Diminish redundant workflows.
- Improve accuracy and integrity of data.
- Enable data sharing, distribution, and publication.
Agencies Using GIS to Monitor Earth's Resources
Environmental Agencies Use Web Portals to Share GIS Data Resources
- EPA EnviroMapper lets you map air releases, drinking water, toxic releases, hazardous wastes, water discharge permits, and Superfund sites.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Hurricane Response provides information about environmental contaminants during the disaster.
- USDA GIS Service Center Agency Geospatial Data Gateway offers data such as orthoimagery, soils, common land units, hydrography, land cover/vegetation/plants, wetlands, and climate.
Take a look at other case studies, podcasts, and books and literature.