GIS supports green energy and green economies. Visualize data about biomass, geothermal, hydroelectric, solar, and wind resources and better understand how to harness this energy.
- Forecast resource potential.
- Identify land ownership.
- Consider existing and required infrastructure.
- Perform environmental assessment.
- Develop detailed site plan.
- Apply to construction and engineering duties.
Learn more about GIS for renewable energy. [PDF]
See how GIS is used for alternative energy.
Take a look at other case studies, podcasts, and books and literature.