Esri Development Center (EDC) is a special designation conferred upon a few leading university departments that challenge students to design and develop custom GIS applications built upon the ArcGIS platform. EDCs exemplify the leading edge in GIS education in which students engage with the entire ecosystem of Esri technology, not just the out-of-the box functionality of standard desktop GIS.
Higher education institutions that maintain Esri education site licenses are eligible to apply for EDC status. An EDC may be housed in one department or can be a multidisciplinary, stand-alone GIS center.
- Special access to Esri software for students affiliated with EDC programs.
- Opportunities for special student recognition.
- Two complimentary registrations to the annual Esri International Developers Summit.
- Two complimentary registrations per year in Esri instructor-led training courses.
- Special access to Esri technical support.
- EDCs must appoint a program coordinator and a GIS specialist to assist students.
- Confer an annual EDC Student of the Year award.
- Submit an annual report documenting EDC activities.
- Sponsor student participation in the Esri Developers Summit or other comparable events.
To request application materials to the EDC program, contact us.