Thematic map available from Business Analyst Online.
In addition to those described above, the following datasets have been updated in
Business Analyst Online.
- 2006 Community TapestryEsri's Community Tapestry segmentation system provides an accurate, detailed description of America's neighborhoods. U.S. residential areas are divided into 65 segments based on demographic and socioeconomic variables and other consumer behavior characteristics. Data variables updated to 2006 in Community Tapestry include Total Households, Total Population, and Population Aged 18 and Older for any U.S. geographic/geometric area. Households, Population, and Population Aged 18 and Older were also updated to 2006 by Community Tapestry segment for any geographic/geometric area. The Community Tapestry Segmentation Area Profile report is available from Business Analyst Online and reflects the 2006 data changes.
- 2006 Consumer Expenditure Database UpdateConsumer Expenditure (CEX) data enables users to discover important changes and significant trends in American consumer spending. By revealing the buying habits of American consumers, CEX data helps users identify the best areas to market products and services. 2006 updates to the CEX database include the U.S. average expenditures amount for each CEX item, households by Community Tapestry segment for any geographic/geometric area, and the average household income for any geographic/geometric area. This data is available in a variety of reports from Business Analyst Online and ArcWeb Services.
- 2006 Market Potential Database UpdateThe Market Potential database is designed to help organizations understand, predict, and influence consumer behavior by providing insight about areas with the highest growth potential for products and services. The Market Potential database includes data for 2,200 items organized into 35 categories representing goods, services, attitudes, and activities collected by the Mediamark Research Inc. Doublebase 2004 consumer survey. Market potential data measures an area's likely demand for a product or service. Files include the expected number of consumers and a Market Potential Index (MPI). Data variables updated to 2006 in the Market Potential database include
- Total Households and Population Aged 18 and Older for any geographic/geometric area
- Households by Community Tapestry segment
- Adult Population by Community Tapestry segment for any geographic/geometric area
A series of Market Potential reports with the 2006 data and more information are available from the Business Analyst Online Web site.
To learn more about Business Analyst Online, visit www.esri.com/bao.