For URISA, Education Is Key
URISA has been connecting great ideas and great people to inspire leadership and achievement since 1963. The association strives to provide exceptional educational experiences to all parts of the spatial data community. The coming months will be no exception.
URISA's Fifth Caribbean GIS Conference will take place in Trinidad December 6–10, 2010. The theme for the conference is "Geospatial Technologies: Connecting Our Industries in Meeting the Region's Challenges."
The 2011 calendar is filled with programs that will appeal to a variety of disciplines:
- The 15th Annual GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference (in partnership with the International Association of Assessing Officers) will be held in Memphis, Tennessee, February 28–March 3, 2011.
- The URISA Leadership Academy, where GIS professionals will learn about developing crucial GIS leadership skills, will take place in St. Louis, Missouri,
May 16–20, 2011.
- The Third URISA GIS in Public Health Conference will be presented in Atlanta, Georgia, June 27–30, 2011.
- The URISA/NENA Addressing Conference will be held in Anaheim, California,
August 15–18, 2011.
- The GIS in Public Transportation Conference (presented in partnership with the National Center for Transit Research) will take place in St. Petersburg, Florida, September 12–15, 2011.
- GIS-Pro 2011, URISA's 49th Annual Conference for GIS Professionals, will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana, November 1–4, 2011.
There is a URISA educational program for you. Check out the details for each event at www.urisa.org.