ArcGIS Extensions for ArcView 8.1
The ArcGIS 8.1 release introduces a new set of extensions built on the same architecture. ArcGIS Extensions add functionality to the core capability of ArcView, ArcEditor, and ArcInfo. The following extensions are now available:
- ArcGIS Spatial AnalystSurface creation, raster analysis, and grid algebracombines the capabilities of ArcView Spatial Analyst and ArcGrid.
- ArcGIS 3D AnalystThree-dimensional visualization and analysiscombines the capabilities of ArcView 3D Analyst and ARC TIN.
- ArcGIS Geostatistical AnalystA new extension for advanced surface interpolation and exploratory spatial data analysis. (See "Introducing Geostatistical Analyst".)
- ArcGIS StreetMapFamily of software for street display and geocoding of different geographical areas (United States and Europe are available first).
- ArcPress for ArcGISGraphics metafile rasterizer that improves color output control and printing speedcombines ArcPress for ArcInfo and ArcPress for ArcView GIS.
- MrSID Encoder for ArcGISProduces MrSID images from input images up to 500 MBmosaics MrSID images.
For more information, visit www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgisxtensions/ index.html.
ArcNews home page