Esri continues to improve ArcView 3.x with the upcoming release of ArcView 3.3. Included in the ArcView 3.3 release are updates to the Report Writer extension, the Projection Utility, the Esri Data & Maps CDs, the Database Access extension, and more.
- Updated Report Writer Extension--ArcView 3.3 includes Crystal Decisions' (formerly Seagate) Crystal Reports version 8.5. Web reports and integration with Microsoft Office are key new features of the Report Writer extension.
- Improved ArcView Projection Utility--The updated ArcView Projection Utility offers up to three times faster projecting and reprojecting of shapefiles in addition to faster start-up times for the utility.
- New and Updated Esri Data & Maps CDs--ArcView 3.3 includes the latest release of Esri's Data & Maps CDs with seven CDs of data. New data sets include world topography, elevation, and hillshade images, a basemap of Europe, time zones, and a national atlas of the United States. Existing data sets have also been updated.
- Expanded Database Access Extension--Database Access 2.1c expands the data reading capabilities of ArcView 3.3 by allowing it to connect to the latest ArcSDE 8.1 spatial data server. The Database Access extension also allows ArcView 3.3 to utilize the ArcSDE direct connect configuration option to connect to spatial data in Oracle or Microsoft's SQL Server without an ArcSDE application server being present.
- Enhanced Raster Support--At ArcView 3.3, raster support is improved with updates to the ERDAS IMAGINE and NITF Image Support extensions. The ERDAS IMAGINE Image Support extension adds the capability to read pyramid layers. Pyramid layers allow for quick display of very large images. The NITF Image Support extension has been enhanced to read all images in .ntf format as well as rotated NITF images.
- Added Data Support--ArcView 3.3 adds support for PC ARC/INFO 4.0 double-precision coverages and includes an updated CADReader to support AutoCAD 2000 DWG files (release 15), introduced at ArcView 3.2a.
ArcView 3.3 will be available on Windows 98se/Me/2000/NT/XP and UNIX. For users who have upgraded to ArcView 8.1, ArcView 3.3 can be used on the same computer as your ArcView 8.1 license.
For more information on ArcView 3.3, visit www.esri.com/arcview3x or call 1-800-447-9778. To purchase ArcView 3.3 in the United States, visit www.esri.com/gisstore, call your Esri regional office, or contact your local reseller. Outside the United States, please contact your local Esri distributor.