- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Legislation enacted in the United States in 1990 to prohibit discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability.
One of the goals of the ADA is to ensure equal access to public transportation.
- Infrastructure life cycle
- The reiterative process of planning, designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining a transportation system.
- Intelligent transportation system
- The application of information technologies, particularly GIS, to improve the efficiency and safety of the transportation network.
- Intermodal transportation
- The use of two different modes of transportation (such as rail and truck) to move goods or passengers.
- An inventory control system that handles material flow for assembly and manufacturing by coordinating demand and
supply so that desired materials arrive just in time for use.
- Logistics management
- According to the Council of Logistics Management (CLM), logistics is the process of planning, implementing, and controlling
the efficient effective flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from point of origin to point of consumption for
the purpose of conforming to customer requirements.
- Transportation service for individuals with disabilities who are unable to use fixed route transportation systems.