Coming to Terms
- An area sea for which a license has been granted to a company or companies for exploration/production purposes.
- A hole drilled for exploratory purposes.
- A corrosion-resistant container used to enclose high-level nuclear waste during long-term storage.
- A license from a nation or state that gives a company the right to drill for oil or gas.
- The refining, marketing, and distribution operations associated with oil or gas production.
- Gathering System
- The pipelines and other equipment used to collect, process, and deliver natural gas from the field to transmission lines.
- Geologic repository
- An underground facility designed for long term storage of nuclear waste.
- The calculated amount of ore, oil, natural gas or other resource that can be extracted profitably from a site.
- Seismic Prospecting
- A method of prospecting that uses knowledge of the speed of reflected waves in rock to learn more about underground structures.
- The exploration, production, and transportation of oil prior to refining.