Setting Scale with 9.2
Many Improvements in New Version
When the current scale is added as a choice, it is inserted logically in the values already listed in the drop-down menu.
Clear an existing scale range by choosing <None> from the drop-down menu.
New features in ArcMap, an application in ArcGIS Desktop 9.2, make setting the map scale more efficient. Now values specified in the Scale control in the Standard toolbar are added to scale drop-down menus for layer scale ranges as well as the Scale control.
- ArcMap is more flexible in the input that is accepted by the Scale control. Now any character or word can be used as a separator when using the absolute format (i.e., using the 1: prefix with the scale number). It is no longer necessary to type in scales using the absolute format or inserting thousands of separators.
- Any values typed into the Scale control will be listed at the top of the drop-down menu.
- When setting the scale range for a layer, the current scale can be used simply by choosing <Use Current Scale> from the drop-down menu. A previously specified scale range can be removed easily by choosing <None> from the drop-down menu.
- Add one or more custom predefined scales that will appear in the Scale control drop-down menu by choosing <Customize This List> from the Scale control or Scale range drop-down menu. These customized lists persist and are available for use with other map documents.
- Save a customized scale list so others can use it or load a saved scale list by choosing <Customize This List> and clicking either the Save or Load button. Scale lists are saved as simple text files.