Utilities and Communications
Working closely with Esri partners, we help utility and communications organizations implement GIS as an integrative platform to access business data, manage assets, update network information, integrate work orders, find customer information, and prepare reports.
Electric and Gas
GIS has increasingly become an important tool for facilities, distribution, and asset management; improving workflows; and integrating the field and the office. In the wake of recent natural disasters, utilities are also recognizing it as critical to situational awareness and recovery. Our consultants can help you envision, design, and implement GIS to meet these needs as well as:
- Site planning, as-built documentation and general mapping, land management, vegetation management, and energy trading
- Optimized routing, facilities location, field data collection, and field design
- Support for privatization efforts, respond to competition, plan for the effective use of capital, and increase efficiency and reliability
We can help you build enterprise GIS solutions to increase revenue, reduce costs, and accelerate speed to market for new telecommunication products. Our focus is on delivering an enterprise platform that helps coordinate business priorities and network assets throughout their life cycle. We also provide GIS solutions for your mobile workforce. The result is a unified solution that delivers critical network and customer information throughout the organization.
According to recent statistics compiled by the United States Geological Survey, the US uses 408 billion gallons of water each day and the American drinking water infrastructure network spans more than 700,000 miles, more than four times longer than the National Highway System. GIS has played and will continue to play an important role in the management of this infrastructure. We can help you build a GIS solution that supports your agency, infrastructure, and business needs. We work with:
- Agencies wholesaling or distributing potable and reclaimed water
- Wastewater collection agencies
- Agencies managing storm water runoff and drainage systems
- Agencies managing surface and groundwater resources
Request more information about our utilities and communications services, or contact Don Carson at 972-664-0457. If you are outside the United States, contact the Esri office that serves you.