ArcGIS for Aviation: Airports provides tools and templates that eliminate costly and time-consuming database design and help ensure consistency for airport data using a best practices airport schema.
Key capabilities available with ArcGIS for Aviation: Airports include:
Preconfigured Map Product Templates
- Use them out-of-the box or easily customize to an airport's specific requirement.
- Support a multitude of airport operations to include planning activities, map requests, and/or community outreach.
Automated Data Validation Tools
- Improve data quality and submit compliant data to the FAA the first time
- Over 450 preconfigured checks developed from the FAA's Airports GIS specification for comprehensive checking and reporting on both geometry and attribute data
- Checks can be extended to support international requirements such as the European Commission’s ADQ.
Preconfigured Airport Data Editing Templates
Preconfigured data editing templates are provided to
- Consistently and efficiently create and manage airport data.
- Tailor the interface to an airport's specific data editing requirements.
- Streamline data creation by pre-populating recurring attribute values.
Automated Tools for Creating and Visualizing Obstacle Surfaces
- Create and visualize FAA Part 77, FAA AC 150/5300-18, and ICAO Annex 14 & 15 Obstacle Identification Surfaces using parameter-based geoprocessing tools.
- Easily generate these surfaces in iterative "what if" planning scenarios.
Automated Export of Your Airports GIS Data for Submission to the FAA
- Automatically export FAA-compliant shapefiles from your AC 150/5300-18 geodatabase thereby reducing the time required to prepare and package your data for submission.
Ready to use Airport Map Templates
Automated Data Review and Validation
Template-based Editing for Efficient and Accurate Data Management
Parameter-based OIS Tools
Automated export of FAA shape files