ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting includes tools and features to enable aeronautical information management and database-driven cartographic production of aeronautical charts.
Data Management Tools
- Geodesic feature creation via a parameter-based editing wizard (Feature Builder).
- Rule-based validation on the fly during editing, with user configurable, table-based rules engine
- Robust visualization and publishing tools to share central database content as Web services
- Temporal support for cyclical production (28-day product cycles) via long transaction (database versions)
- Import and export of AIXM 4.5 and produce charts using AIXM 5.1 enabled through the ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension
- Ability to manage obstacle data using an eTOD compliant data model and automated Obstacle Identification Surface
Product Management Tools
- Automated text generation and management utilities to batch-generate annotation and manage multiscale annotation classes
- Masking management to store and share masking rules in a database providing uniform application of masks
- Data-driven chart surrounds to automate generation and update of tabular information
Workflow Management Tools
- Workflow management and tracking to manage GIS and non-GIS workflows, control processes, track job progress, and maintain feature edit history
The Feature Builder tool enables the creation of complex aeronautical features.
Use Product Library to organize and store aeronautical data and products.
Use Obstacle Identification Surface geoprocessing tools to analyze and manage obstacle data.
Sample Low Enroute Instrument Chart created using ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting.