ArcGIS Runtime provides a set of development tools to rapidly build mapping and GIS applications for deployment onto Windows, Linux, and various mobile platforms. The SDKs enables you to integrate maps and geoprocessing models to create rich applications.
ArcGIS Runtime for Desktop Devices
ArcGIS Runtime for WPF and Java lets users access maps and data created with ArcGIS for Desktop, edit geographic features stored in geodatabases, and leverage the power of ArcGIS geoprocessing tools.
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF enables developers to build rich GIS applications that take full advantage of the WPF platform.
What You Can Do With ArcGIS Runtime SDKs for WPF and Java:
- Create GIS-enabled small footprint applications that display quickly and deploy easily.
- Select the capabilities you want—from simple map viewing and navigation to powerful spatial analysis.
- Build touch screen applications for laptops, tablets, or in-vehicle mounted systems.
- Develop location-aware applications that use GPS.
- Create applications using local content, online content, or a combination of both.
Learn more about developing with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF
Learn more about developing with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java
ArcGIS Runtime for Smartphones and Tablets
ArcGIS Runtime SDKs are also available for building and deploying custom mobile applications. Users can access local data and web services in both connected and disconnected environments, collect and report information, perform GIS analysis, and take advantage of content from ArcGIS Online. Mobile applications can be distributed through various app stores, marketplaces, or private enterprise networks.
ArcGIS Runtime is supported on the following mobile platforms:
Learn more about developing with ArcGIS Runtime SDKs for Smartphones and Tablets
Custom tsunami evacuation zone mobile application built using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android.