Custom roles allow you to add greater control and flexibility in assigning privileges to members of your organization. This additional administrative capability enables you to add additional roles that specifically fit your organization, the way you work, and the functionality you want people to be able to use. For example, you might have some members who need access to your maps and apps but do not need to create groups. Or you might have other members who need to publish features but not tiles. We will continue to expand the set of privileges that can comprise a custom role in future releases.
- Use the new Derive New Locations tool to create new features in your study area that meet a series of criteria you specify. The criteria can be based on attribute queries (for example, parcels that are vacant) or spatial queries (for example, within 1 mile of a river).
- A new Find Similar Locations tool finds the locations that are most similar to one or more reference locations based on criteria you specify.
- You now can analyze KML layers.
- Overlay Layers has an option for specifying the output feature type when using the Intersect method.
- Over 30 new countries have been added to the Enrich Layers tool.
- When you click Perform Analysis, there is a submenu that allows you to select which feature type to analyze for Map Notes, KML, or any group layers that contain features.
- After you publish a hosted feature layer from a CSV file, you can use the map viewer to review the addresses in the layer. You can map all suggestions for unmatched addresses or edit attribute fields in a table to rematch individual addresses.
- Three new collections of symbols and map notes templates are available for showing the location of natural disasters, infrastructure, and infrastructure damage.
- Use the new route to all features option to get directions for feature layers with 20 points or less.
Single Sign-On to the ArcGIS Platform
You can now sign in to the ArcGIS platform and seamlessly access web apps registered with the platform. These web apps include apps you've purchased from ArcGIS Marketplace, custom web apps built by developers in your organization, and apps built by Esri that are included with your organizational subscription. Once you are signed in to the platform, you only need to approve that the app you are working with can access your account information.
Offline maps allow you to view, collect, and update features when you are disconnected from the Internet. Use Collector for ArcGIS to download the offline maps and view, collect, and edit data. Manage map content on your device and synchronize changes when you are reconnected.
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS has added support for browsers, including iOS and Android tablets. You can use dynamic map layers as a data source and search for features by coordinates as well as places. There are also new capabilities for creating and managing selections and adjusting matched records.
- Find, Edit, and Filter is a configurable app template that allows you to search for features, edit, set attribute values, and filter content.
- Summary Viewer is a configurable app template that summarizes the numeric attributes of features in a specified operational layer that are within the visible map area. The summaries can be configured to show the sum, average, minimum, and maximum of specified field values.
- Parcel Viewer has been renamed to Finder to reflect that it is useful for more than just parcel searches.
- The Esri basemap system has been upgraded for optimized performance and scalability. One of the key benefits of this upgrade is that Esri's basemaps are available at all zoom levels.
- World Geocode service has been enhanced for 10 countries, including Puerto Rico, Singapore, and Suriname
- Network analysis directions are now available in Estonian and Latvian in addition to 17 other supported languages. There is also a new Find Routes service available in ArcGIS for Desktop Ready-to-Use Services.
- A GeoEnrichment update includes data for 30 new countries, making the service available for more than 100 countries. There is also be updated content for Canada and United States.
- A new set of Moderate-Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) imagery layer maps and layers is available, referencing a collection of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) imagery. The MODIS imagery provides 250-meter, multispectral satellite imagery of the world that is updated daily. It has a near-real time (3 hour delay), deep and fine-grained temporal archive that helps provide global and fine-temporal context for making decisions and visual assessments of conditions for any day and anywhere in the world. This is a mashup of a NASA image service. The value is mostly in providing global and fine temporal context; adding in decision making; or as a quick visual assessment of conditions any day, anywhere.
For more details and the latest information about ArcGIS Online content, see the ArcGIS Online blog.
Activity Dashboard for ArcGIS
Activity Dashboard for ArcGIS is available in ArcGIS Marketplace. The web app provides organization administrators access to activity-based metrics, real-time reports, and other useful information about your online mapping platform.
Website Design and Usability
ArcGIS Online Help has been redesigned to improve the usability and attractiveness of the information. The URL where you can access Help also has changed.