A qualified candidate for the Esri ArcGIS Desktop Associate Certification is an ArcGIS user with the equivalent of two years broad experience using ArcGIS. This candidate is capable of making routine decisions and accomplishing defined tasks in ArcGIS for Desktop, but relies on others for guidance and direction in an enterprise environment. This candidate is able to remember, understand, and apply basic GIS and ArcGIS concepts and processes including ArcGIS platform awareness, geoprocessing and sharing in ArcGIS, coordinate system awareness, and managing, analyzing, editing, and visualizing data with ArcGIS for Desktop.
A qualified candidate should be able to:
- Construct a map using available datasets
- Select the datasets necessary to publish a map or perform a specific analysis
- Create new map datasets from analysis of existing datasets
- Perform basic data editing
- Select and perform spatial data analysis using standard tools
- Apply basic map visualization and cartography skills
- Use ArcGIS Explorer, ArcGIS Online, and desktop extensions
A qualified candidate should be familiar with tools such as:
- Basic tools throughout ArcGIS for Desktop
- ArcGIS Explorer
- ArcGIS Online
- Core ArcGIS for Desktop extensions
The following resources are available to help you prepare for your exam, but are not required. Please utilize this list of preparation resources with the list of skills measured topics to identify appropriate training options for possible knowledge gaps found.
Please note that completing the recommended training courses does not guarantee you will achieve the requirements for a specific Certification exam.
You may also search the ArcGIS Resource Center for additional materials.