Esri Certified Enterprise Administration Associates focus on the deployment, implementation, maintenance and support of enterprise GIS systems.
The Esri Enterprise Administration Associate Certification is for skilled database professionals who have at least 2-4 years' experience operating and supporting enterprise solutions and a minimum of 18-24 months experience working with ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server, or enterprise geodatabase.
A qualified candidate for the Esri Enterprise Administration Associate Certification is familiar with GIS and Esri terminology, architecture, concepts and technology and their impact on enterprise operations.
A qualified candidate should be able to:
- Efficiently use Esri licensing model
- Deploy appropriate GIS services to host on premises, cloud-based, or ArcGIS Online
- Diagnose and improve the performance of map services
- Setup map and image service caching
- Monitor the health of different components of the system and take appropriate action
- Appropriately manage clusters
- Perform site administration tasks
- Install and configure the Web Adaptor
- Secure the ArcGIS Server Site
- Manage data stores
The following list of skills measured is provided to familiarize candidates with topics covered on the exam and to help guide exam preparation. We recommend candidates review this list and assess their knowledge of each skill. Specific preparation resources are available to assist with refreshing in areas where any knowledge gaps are found.
Show/Hide All Skills
Implement and Deploy a Solution
- Describe ArcGIS Server software components
- Determine which deployment model, including hardware, software, networking, and security components, is appropriate for a given implementation
- Identify the license requirements to install ArcGIS Server
- Explain the installation process of an ArcGIS Server system
- Explain the relationship between product functions, features, and license level
- Determine the minimum/maximum number of server and service instances required to optimize performance
- Explain the ArcGIS configuration options, to include data, client, web service connections, and service properties
- Determine which ArcGIS configuration options are appropriate to meet installation requirements
- Identify methods of verifying a working installation
- Describe methods of implementing security within an ArcGIS Server installation
- Describe key security concepts relating to ArcGIS Server, including Authentication, Authorization, LDAP, https/SSL
Maintain and Support a Solution
- Identify the appropriate monitoring tool(s) to complete a maintenance task
- Describes tasks necessary for monitoring and maintaining ArcGIS Server
- Determine the necessary steps to complete a maintenance task
- Determine the most efficient method of backing up and restoring the system
- Explain the benefits and risks of a given upgrade sequence
Troubleshoot Problems with ArcGIS for Server
- Differentiate between benign log entries and failures
- Identify in which component an implementation a problem exists
- Given an implementation problem, determine an appropriate resolution
- Given a configuration change that includes user permissions, passwords, configuration files, data connections and hardware, predict a likely outcome
- Recognize common cartographic and data issues that can impact performance
- Identify the problem and recommend an appropriate resolution for a given performance issue
Prepare and Publish Content
- Describe different services, their purpose, capabilities, features and functions
- Identify GIS concepts by service type
- Evaluate the service types and capabilities to meet functional requirements
- Describe the purpose, physical representation, benefits, and limitations of map caches
- Compare and contrast different caching options
- Describe strategies for building and maintaining map caches
- Describe access permissions and software requirements for ArcSDE enterprise geodatabase
- Determine appropriate data source and connection type to use for a given situation
- Describe service properties and how they relate to performance
- Given a performance situation, determine the appropriate service properties
The following resources are available to help you prepare for your exam, but are not required. Please utilize this list of preparation resources with the list of skills measured topics to identify appropriate training options for possible knowledge gaps found.
Please note that completing the recommended training courses does not guarantee you will achieve the requirements for a specific Certification exam.
You may also search the ArcGIS Resource Center for additional materials.