Private Instructor-Led Class Setup Requirements
Organizations that host an Esri instructor-led training class at their site must meet the following requirements to ensure all computer, network, and classroom facilities are ready for class.
Minimum Computer Requirements
Esri instructor-led training classes include hands-on software exercises. There are two PC configuration options available to support course exercises:
- Option 1: Customer Hardware with Access to Esri Software Hosted on Virtual Machines
Classroom PCs access virtual machines preconfigured by Esri with the software required for class (will require high-speed Internet access).
- Option 2: Customer Hardware with Customer-Configured Software
Classroom PCs are configured by the customer with local installations of the software required for class.
If your organization does not have the required PC hardware, contact us about using the Esri mobile lab option. The table below lists minimum hardware requirements for each option.
Speak With a Specialist
Our staff is available to discuss training needs for individual roles and projects, as well as GIS workforce development plans to support strategic business objectives.
||Customer Hardware with Access to Esri Software Hosted on Virtual Machines
||Customer Hardware with Customer-Configured Software
||2.2 GHz dual core
||Intel Core Duo, Pentium 4, or Xeon
||1 GB RAM
||3 GB RAM*
- 1024 x 768 resolution
- 24-bit color depth
- 1024 x 768 resolution
- 24-bit color depth
- Open GL 2.0-compliant video card with 512 MB video memory
|Available Disk Space
|Operating System Platform
- Windows 7 (ArcGIS v.10 courses)*
- ArcGIS 9.x courses may require alternate operating systems
*Requirements may vary depending on the course. Please contact the Esri Learning Center at 888-377-4575, ext. 3247, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Course-Specific Configuration Requirements
Some Esri training courses have additional hardware and software requirements. If this is the case, an Esri Training Event Assistant will contact you and provide details before you confirm the class.
Internet Access and Network Policies
High-speed Internet access is required for classes that use preconfigured virtual machines hosted on the Web. Click here for information to ensure your computer and network systems are ready for class. If Internet access is required for the course, an Esri Training Event Assistant will contact you and provide details before you confirm the class.
Minimum Classroom Requirements
The training facility requirements below will ensure the best learning environment possible:
- The training classroom should be an enclosed one (1)-room facility, sufficient to accommodate up to twelve (12) students (or such other number as may be agreed to by Esri).
- The facility should have sufficient climate control, lighting, and power outlets to accommodate the required number of computers and other equipment to be used.
- The facility should have one (1) high-resolution PC projector capable of displaying a resolution of at least 1024 x 768 pixels and a projection screen. If a PC projector is not available, please contact an Esri Training Event Assistant at 888-377-4575, ext. 3247 or send an e-mail to email@example.com at least ten (10) business days prior to the class start date.
- There must be an area separate from the projection surface for the instructor to draw diagrams and write questions, lists, and notes for students to read.
Additional Requirements for Esri Offsite Training Facilities
Esri Offsite Facilities are required to have the classroom furnishings and staff support items listed below.
- There must be a minimum of one (1) computer and color monitor for every student.
- Offsite Facilities must accommodate all participants without student crowding, with adequate visibility so that each student can easily see the instructor and overhead or projected images, and with ample space for student note-taking.
- Chairs must be designed for long-term use (6-8 hours per day/5 days per week); preferably the chairs should be adjustable.
- Tables and desks must be designed for computer workstations; tables with folding legs or science room lab counters are not adequate.
- Markers and erasers or screen cleaners must be made available to the instructor.
- Offsite Facilities must provide access to classes and use of all training equipment and materials to students with disabilities.
- Offsite Facilities must ensure that students have exclusive use of classroom computers during classroom hours, and that these computers shall not be used for non-class work until the class is finished.
Staff Support Requirements
- A local IT staff member must be available to the Esri instructor to help resolve any computer or network problems discovered during class, and to provide other assistance as necessary.
- The facility must provide administrative support (which should include but not be limited to, directions to phones, restrooms, restaurants, minimal copying, a contact person responsible for correcting problems such as overhead light bulbs, air conditioning, etc.), fax, and local telephone access.
- The facility must provide reasonable parking arrangements for participants at, or close to, the training location.
- The facility must provide to Esri clear directions with a copy of a published map showing training location, to include lodging suggestions for Esri students.