Redlands, California—Esri announces increased subscription value for ArcGIS Online that enables anyone to do more with the web mapping platform. Due to the popularity of ArcGIS Online, Esri is now able to reduce the cost of several services and make others available as part of the subscription. Organizations can create more interactive maps and apps and share them using fewer credits—or at no cost altogether.
"Organizations everywhere are succeeding with ArcGIS Online," says Jack Dangermond, president, Esri. "Its popularity has resulted in economies of scale that translate into reduced costs. We’re passing those savings on to our users. By increasing the value of ArcGIS Online credits, it’s easier than ever for businesses, governments, and individuals to create, publish, and share maps in the cloud."
How Organizations Benefit
Organizations can do even more with ArcGIS Online:
- Unlimited bandwidth usage (outbound data transfer) is now included with the ArcGIS Online subscription.
- Uploading tile packages from ArcGIS for Desktop is now also included with the subscription.
- Geocoding costs have been reduced by 50 percent.
- Routing and geoenrichment costs have been reduced nearly 65 percent.
- Infographics costs have been reduced by more than 80 percent per view.
Esri will continually introduce new services to the ArcGIS Online subscription. For instance, Esri Updated Demographics and other data will be available with the July release of ArcGIS Online.
When Will This All Take Effect?
Organizations can start taking advantage of the new subscription value with the July release of ArcGIS Online. At that time, Esri will provide more details about the service credit reduction.
If you don’t have an ArcGIS Online subscription and want to see for yourself all the things you can do at very little cost, sign up for a free, 30-day trial. Visit esri.com/agol.