A growing deployment pattern for organizations with mobile workers is the adoption of mobile device management (MDM) technology which helps centralize the security management of mobile devices. MDM technology is third party software that information technology (IT) administrators use to control, secure, and enforce policies on mobile devices for an organization.
There are many advantages to using MDM technology such as:
- Streamlined device management
- Make app deployments more efficient and save time
- Help keep apps and data secure
- Help with bring your own device (BYOD) management and policies
- Active monitoring for malware and other threats
- Better security and more control of devices for the organization
Esri designs its ArcGIS mobile apps to work and behave the same way across different third-party MDM vendors.
This document focuses on deploying the ArcGIS mobile apps with MDM technology. It is meant to guide IT managers and GIS administrators to help them understand how the ArcGIS mobile apps can work with MDM technology and which capabilities are possible.