On June 30th , 2021, many Esri raster basemaps entered mature support, which means it is important to update your ArcGIS maps and apps to vector basemaps. These raster basemaps remain available, but they will no longer be updated. To ensure you are utilizing the latest and greatest data, it is important to update your basemaps to vector as soon as possible. Esri vector basemaps are the primary basemaps for use in ArcGIS.
Esri vector basemaps have multiple advantages:
- Optimized to quickly generate and update maps and apps.
- Enhanced performance with compact basemaps sizes and more efficient draw times.
- Improved personalization options allowing you to customize your basemap appearance and styles based on your needs.
Which raster basemaps entered Mature Support?
The following raster basemaps entered mature support, and require a migration to vector basemaps for access to data updates.
- Replaced by Dark Gray Canvas Webmap
- Replaced by Light Gray Canvas Webmap
- Base replaced by Dark Gray Base – India Tile Layer
- Reference replaced by Canvas Dark Gray Reference Tile Layer
- Base replaced by Light Gray Base – India Tile Layer
- Reference replaced by Canvas Light Gray Reference Tile Layer
- All are replaced by Hybrid Reference Layer Tile Layer
- Replaced by National Geographic Style Webmap
- Replaced by Streets Webmap
Alternates to Streets include:
- Streets (Night) Webmap
- Streets (with relief) Webmap
- World Navigation Map Webmap
- World Navigation Map (dark) Webmap
- Replaced by World Topographic Map Webmap
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com