If you are experiencing recent problems with signing in and authorizing ArcGIS Pro, it is likely that your organization was still using beta license entitlements. These beta licenses expired on November 17, 2014.
There are two reasons why you would be experiencing sign in issues:
- Because you had both beta and prerelease licenses and all were assigned, you now have more Named Users assigned than you have licenses. If this is the case, you may have maxed out your licenses prior to you trying to sign in to ArcGIS Pro.
- You had ArcGIS Pro beta licenses, but never received your prerelease licenses. This is the case with a limited number of ELA customers. If you believe you are in this category, please contact Customer Service or your local distributor.
If you are in category 1 above, your administrator needs to review the licenses for your organization and reassign to the appropriate Named Users. You should have as many ArcGIS Pro prerelease license entitlements as you have qualifying licenses for ArcGIS for Desktop. The administrator will want to do this prior to December 1, 2014, or all named users will be unable to sign in to ArcGIS Pro.
Upon the expiration of any license in your organization, the administrator must revoke the expired license so that your organization’s members are only assigned valid licenses.
- Go to your ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS website.
- Verify that you are signed in as an administrator of your organization and that your organization has been provisioned for ArcGIS Pro.
- Click My Organization at the top of the site and click Manage Licenses.
- Revoke or reassign licenses as needed.
Organizations participating in the ArcGIS Pro beta program had access to additional trial licenses to evaluate the beta software. However, with the prerelease of ArcGIS Pro in October, an organization’s license entitlements started reflecting only the product levels, extensions, and numbers of licenses in accordance to its ArcGIS for Desktop licenses on Maintenance. Keeping extra beta licenses assigned following the ArcGIS Pro prerelease could result in a discrepancy where there are more licenses assigned than the organization actually has available. On November 17, 2014, any remaining unassigned ArcGIS Pro beta licenses in your organization were removed automatically, and assigned beta licenses expired.
If you have any questions regarding your license entitlement count, please contact Esri. In the United States, contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 888-377-4575. Outside the United States, contact your local Esri Distributor.
Note: This post was edited shortly after initial publication to cover the scenario where prerelease licenses were never delivered to certain organizations.