The ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension provides a broad range of powerful spatial modeling and analysis capabilities, like distance analysis, suitability modeling, terrain analysis, surface modeling, surface interpolation, hydrological analysis, and image classification. You can create, query, map, and analyze raster data; derive new information from existing data and perform integrated raster/vector analysis. Listed below are some resources to help you learn more.
Share your questions and awesome analysis stories with us at the Geonet Spatial Analyst Forum— We’d love to hear from you!
- What’s New for Spatial Analyst in ArcGIS Pro 2.1 and ArcMap 10.6. (Blog)
- What’s New for Spatial Analyst in ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and 10.5.1 (Blog)
- Interpolation in the presence of barriers (Blog)
- Using interactive features with Spatial Analyst tools (Blog)
- GPU processing with Spatial Analyst (Help)
New to Spatial Analyst? Start here:
- Getting started with Spatial Analyst (Technical Workshop)
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Tutorial (Help)
- Overview of the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Toolbox (Help)
- Analysis environments and Spatial Analyst (Help)
Performing analysis with Spatial Analyst
- Finding the Best Locations Using the Suitability Modeling (Technical Workshop)
- Understanding the suitability modeling workflow (Case Study)
- Where are the best locations for a golf resort? (Case Study)
- Build a Model to Connect Mountain Lion Habitat (Learn ArcGIS Lesson)
- Finding Optimal Locations: Suitability Modeling in ArcGIS Pro (Training)
- Identifying the Best Paths with Cost Distance Analysis (Technical Workshop)
- Distance Analysis Using ArcGIS (Training), ArcGIS Pro (Training)
- Understanding cost distance analysis (Case Study)
- Creating surfaces (Technical Workshop)
- Creating Watersheds and Stream Network (Technical Workshop)
- GIS Techniques for Floodplain Delineation (Technical Workshop)
- Hydrologic and Hydrological Modeling (Technical Workshop)
- Creating a Hydrologically Conditioned DEM (Technical Workshop)
- Predict Floods with Unit Hydrographs (Learn ArcGIS Lesson)
- Raster Classification with ArcGIS Desktop (Technical Workshop)
- Finding the Best Paths for Rovers and Humans on Mars (Esri News)
- Impervious Surface Mapping using Pro 1.4 – Part 1: Georeferencing (Blog)
- Impervious Surface Mapping Using Pro 1.4 – Part 2: Classification (Blog)
- Hands-on experience with the Image Classification Wizard ArcGIS Pro 1.3 (Blog)
- Pass the classification but hold the salt and pepper (Blog)
Python for Analysis
- Python: Raster Analysis (Technical Workshop)
- Writing Image Processing Algorithms Using the Python Raster Function (Technical Workshop, Video)
- Parallel Python: Multiprocessing with ArcPy (Technical Workshop, Video)
Integrating different workflows together
- Aloha! A GIS vacation (Case Study)
- Minimizing the environmental impact of wind farm installation (Case Study)
Extending analytical capability using script tools
- Introducing the Storage Capacity Supplementary Tool (Blog)
- Supplementary Spatial Analyst Toolbox for ArcGIS 10.x. (Blog, Download)
- How to extract raster values at point locations?
- Performing analysis with the Con tool.
- Learn spatial analysis techniques with scenario-based case studies
- Are you getting GPU error while executing the Viewshed 2 tool?
- Why your output raster is larger than your environment extent?
Readily Available Data
Esri Conference Presentations at a glance!
Harder, C. (2015). The ArcGIS Book: 10 Big Ideas about Applying Geography to Your World. Esri Press.
Mitchell, A. (2012). The ESRI Guide to GIS Analysis Volume 3; Modeling Suitability Movement and Interaction. Esri Press.
Last updated: 01/24/2018