The Business Analyst 2022 US Data Update is now available for local download from My Esri. A local download allows behind-the-firewall access to thousands of demographic variables, updated streets and geocoding content, POI locations, and more.
As part of the July ArcGIS Business Analyst Pro 3.0 release, an awesome new feature was added to allow for easier data management. This new option called the “connectable dataset” allows the following:
- Point to a Business Analyst dataset in any location. For example your local drive (i.e., C:\), a secondary drive (i.e., D:\), or a shared network drive
- Allow multiple licensed Business Analyst Pro users to connect to a centralized dataset location instead of all users having to install the data to their machine
- Avoid running a data install – simply unpack the downloaded data and “connect” to it
- Alleviate large data storage challenges (90+ GB per dataset)
For specifics on how to configure this, check out my colleague Chris Melera’s Esri Community post.
We also have this quick video that walks through the process of connecting. Play the video below…
Some things to consider:
- You must have ArcGIS Business Analyst Pro 3.0 installed to enable this feature
- Performance could be impacted when pointing to data located on a remote network share
- Each user of the data needs to install the SDLIC data license on the machine they intend to use
- It is recommended to restart ArcGIS Pro after connecting to the dataset and applying a data license
One more thing: check out my colleague Dan Stauning’s blog article that talks about 2022 U.S. data for Business Analyst Enterprise. He walks through a few important nuances for Enterprise users.
Happy downloading, and connecting!
The ArcGIS Business Analyst dev team
Photo credit: Russell