We are excited to announce the Quartz Tech Preview of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Xamarin! This SDK enables .NET developers to build immersive, native mapping applications for Android and iOS devices using C#. It includes three APIs: Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS for apps that need access to native functionality, and Xamarin.Forms to create shared UI layouts across Android and iOS. All are built on the same ArcGIS Runtime .NET API so they share a common design which encourages sharing code across application platforms.
Here is what you can expect to do in the Quartz Tech Preview of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Xamarin:
- Open, edit, and author web maps from ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS
- Open ArcGIS mobile map packages containing maps, layers, locators, and networks
- Display layers that use ArcGIS services (tiled and dynamic map image layers, vector tiled layers, feature layers)
- Edit feature layers online and offline using geodatabase feature tables and the geodatabase sync task
- Work with anonymous and secured portals
The Tech Preview is open to the public. To learn how to get started, go to the ArcGIS for Developers web site and join the Tech Preview.