Our team has been hard at work testing all of the wonderful new functionality that comes along with the 10.4.0 release of Collector for ArcGIS and we are really excited to announce that we are done! Today we have released Collector for ArcGIS v10.4.o on the Android platform!
This marks the completion of our phased roll out of version 10.4.0. It started in July when we released the iOS platform, continued in August when we released the Windows 10 platform and here we are with Android now available inside of Google Play.
So let’s recap on the great new capabilities that v10.4.0 brings:
- Connect to a high accuracy GPS receiver to improve the spatial accuracy of your data.
- Create a location profile when using a correction service so that you can transform coordinates between projections.
- Record GPS metadata on the features you collect so that you know how accurate they are.
- Visualize the quality of location information on top of the map.
- Zoom in beyond the resolution of your basemap.
- Preserve location and direction information in the photos that you attach to features.
- Numerous bug fixes and quality improvements.
So what’s next? Well we have a 10.4.1 release coming that is focused on key bug fixes as well as integration with Workforce for ArcGIS on the Android and Windows 10 platforms.