ArcGIS StreetMap Premium, Esri’s solution for on-premise geocoding, routing, and map visualization, is undergoing some changes to its deliverable format starting in January 2024. Currently, you receive locators and a file geodatabase containing the network and map visualization layers. We’ll be consolidating these deliverables into one package – the mobile map package (MMPK). Don’t let the name of the format confuse you. Mobile map packages aren’t just for mobile or runtime devices. They can also be used in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise.
Why are we making this change?
- Simplified licensing – You only need to use the StreetMap Premium extension for ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise. SDLIC files will no longer be required.
- Improved performance – The mobile map package format offers much quicker routing and improved map display.
- As mentioned earlier, all the functionality is available in one deliverable, which is a mobile map package:
- A locator for geocoding
- An uncompressed network for routing
- Vector tile packages for map display
- You can pick the geography that you are currently licensed to use – Mobile map packages will be available by region, country, and by state/province for the US and Canada. You can also clip to smaller areas of interest that work for you.
Haven’t mobile map packages already been an option, at least for ArcGIS Pro users?
Yes, mobile map packages have been an option, but a new set of mobile map packages will be optimized for use in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise.
- The mobile map packages will be in GCS, which is the same coordinate system as the file geodatabase.
- The network is packaged differently since it will be uncompressed. This change makes network analysis and routing much faster.
Who can use the new mobile map packages?
- Anyone using ArcGIS Pro 2.8 or higher
- Anyone using ArcGIS Enterprise 11x or higher
What if I use ArcGIS Enterprise 10.x or ArcMap?
- For ArcGIS Enterprise users, we will continue to provide the network layer in file geodatabase format for a period of time if you are unable to upgrade to 11.x or higher.
- If you are using ArcMap, we encourage you to use StreetMap Premium in ArcGIS Pro.
Can I try the mobile map packages before January?
Yes! We encourage you to join the Early Adopter Program and test the new MMPKs in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise. This beta program is private, so please send an email to AskStreetMapPremium@esri.com, and we’ll send you an invitation.