We are excited to share with you just some of the highlights of the latest release of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
A new theme has been added called Pocket theme. The design of this theme includes one panel that can be positioned on the left or right of the map and it also includes support for one widget that is loaded in the panel. This design allows you to create apps that are focused on a specific workflow with no other UI besides the panel. This is also a great theme to use for apps that you’re going to embed in websites or in a story map.
Although this release does not include any new widgets, we did make significant improvements in the existing widgets. Here are some of those enhancements:
- In the Layer List, you can now search for layers by using a keyword.
- Search widget has an option to pan to the search result without zooming and you can now pass coordinates with UTM or specified by a WKID in the search box to find a place on the map.
- Measurement widget now incorporates functionality to snap measured features for accuracy.
- One of my personal favorites is in the Directions widget, you can now save the route as a hosted layer in your ArcGIS Online content for further analysis.
- You can now select a table from the map as input of GPRecordSet in the Geoprocessing widget.
- Filter widget has added the ability to uncheck all selections at once when using a multiple value list.
- Edit widget now includes an option to honor the editable layer setting defined in the web map.
- You can now define the output spatial reference on the advanced tab for the printout in the Print widget.
We are excited about these new enhancements to Web AppBuilder and we hope you are too! For more information on this release see What’s new in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
The Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Dev Team