What You’ll Be Working On
- Build microservices that support infrastructure, monitoring, and management functions
- Expand and support a Jenkins build system and other Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) components
- Secure and harden cloud-based platforms
- Create and maintain Amazon Web Services (AWS) and VMware vSphere based platforms and services using Terraform, Chef, and other infrastructure-as-code tools
- Utilize Docker and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes to allow for dynamic and reliable application development and deployment
- Collaborate with product engineers and software developers to build new software releases
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution, including being part of an on-call rotation for production systems
- Participate in product reviews to guide and support testing requirements
Ideally You Have
- Passion for automating infrastructure
- Excellent skills in the design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Selenium, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Used containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, and have experience with Linux platforms
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field, or at least 5 years of experience in DevOps and automation or related disciplines
- Solid understanding of computer networks
- Agility and excellent communication and soft skills
- Expertise in planning, designing, and implementing custom in-house tools
- Previous work experience as a member of a Scrum team
- Hands-on knowledge of ArcGIS web platform, location-based services, geo-enabled apps, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology
- A particular interest in improving civil society and community collaboration
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.