- Refactor and augment ArcGIS to run efficiently on multiple platforms including Kubernetes
- Make conscious decisions that allow ArcGIS to build and run efficiently on other platforms
- Collaborate with multiple teams on design, implementation, and testing
- Build and ship quality software by working effectively with team members
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems in the software
- 3+ years of experience collaborating and developing large-scale software in C/C++
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting and debugging software running in production
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software
- Demonstrated ability to work with non-trivial software development projects
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with container orchestration technology such as Kubernetes
- Experience with REST and HTTP
- Experience working with a source version control system such as Git
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Component Object Model (COM)
- Familiarity with building open-source software on Linux and Windows
- Familiarity with a dynamic programming language such as Python
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.