- Ensure quality for all aspects of the GIS user and GIS developer experience by testing software functions, user interfaces, GIS workflows, and application programming interfaces
- Program automated test code and analyze test results. Report status on software quality and stability. Verify code changes and bug fixes and perform stress tests that validate software functionality
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to establish and define requirements and translate them into new software features
- Author and share code samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Minimum of 6 months work experience in GIS, software development or related field
- Understanding of technical trends and a continuing interest in a broad range of topics including desktop software, web technologies, computer hardware, and the business of software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, GIS, geography, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Expertise with customizing and extending desktop or web GIS applications
- Familiarity with the Esri ArcGIS platform or other GIS and mapping products
- Experience using the ArcGIS Pro SDK for Microsoft .NET, ArcPy, ArcObjects, or other Esri developer technologies
- Working knowledge of desktop or web software development patterns and technologies, including .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and the MVVM design pattern
- Experience with software testing
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.