- Develop software that extends the AI capabilities of the ArcGIS platform
- Build software components using a variety of programming languages (Python, .NET, C++ etc.) that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Work closely with other developers to design and develop quality tools and APIs that scale to millions of users
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
- 3+ years of industry experience with programming languages such as Python, C# and C++
- Experience with Python machine learning and deep learning libraries such as Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, PyTorch/Fast.ai, or TensorFlow/Keras
- A strong drive and interest to learn new technologies quickly and work in a fast paced software development environment
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri--good communication skills and the ability to thrive in an environment that encourages innovation
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with ArcGIS suite of products and concepts of GIS
- Knowledge of deep learning for natural language processing, probabilistic programming, and reinforcement learning
- Knowledge and experience with object tracking, processing videos, or optical character recognition
- Experience with GIS and web services
- Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, SQL Server)
- Familiarity with API development, performance tuning, system scalability
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.