As a Systems Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to solve complex problems and support complex customer systems. You will be expected to perform and lead high quality systems deployment, systems administration, operations, best practices application, optimization, and internal/external customer interactions as well as perform technical analysis for complex problems.
In this role, you will work closely with clients within the Defense/Intelligence Community (IC) to establish solutions to support the agency's mission and make it successful, broaden the effect of GIS technology to its business, and help shape the evolution of the platform by identifying and implementing new patterns.
Design Effective Enterprise Systems
- Asses and provide recommendations to customers related to the appropriate and effective use of ArcGIS software components
- Provide actionable advice related to system design, performance implications, functional limitations, and any other topics that affect system design
- Interface with solution architects and enterprise IT staff from a customer organization to explain and guide them through ArcGIS design decisions
- Communicate technical concepts and ArcGIS platform capabilities to technical and non-technical audiences
Implement Advanced ArcGIS Enterprise Deployments
- Deploy and configure ArcGIS Enterprise in a wide variety of environments across operating systems, cloud providers, security architectures, customer types, industries, and organizations
- Configure ArcGIS Enterprise system to meet the customer’s service level agreement including high availability, disaster recovery, and security needs
- Plan and execute the migration of content from one ArcGIS Enterprise deployment to another, encompassing different architectures, deployment strategies, and software components
Assist with Technical Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution
- Assist Esri customers with troubleshooting advanced ArcGIS Enterprise deployments
- Assist with communicating troubleshooting guidance to related platform components such as storage, networking, security
Assess and Optimize Performance
- Identify performance requirements and understanding from a customer perspective
- Use Esri tools and industry standard tools to identify performance issues with maps, web services, databases, web applications, and other contexts
- Provide recommendations to customers related to performance monitoring, management, and improvement across the entire ArcGIS system
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.