- Build scalable and preformat spatial data access services that lay at the core of ArcGIS for Enterprise
- Design and build server-side components that seamlessly run on-premises and on cloud platforms
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Work collaboratively with other teams to understand requirements and incorporate them into the software
- 3+ years of experience developing middleware software components using core Java, JSP, JAX-RS/Jersey
- Good understanding of Java design patterns
- Knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle and of JDBC API
- Experience developing code in a popular Java IDE, i.e. Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Java build systems, i.e. Maven and ANT
- Fundamental understanding of web services including REST and SOAP
- Knowledge of working with a source control system, preferably GIT
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in computer science or math, depending on position level
- Knowledge of GIS algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with JSON and XML
- Experience with HTTP monitoring tools and JDK debugging tools
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, EC2 and Azure services such as Blob Service, Table Service, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.