- Design and implementation of real-time 3D rendering techniques in our WebGL/TypeScript-based engine, ranging from massive data visualization techniques to material shaders programming
- Improve our rendering engine in terms of performance, stability, and software architecture
- Research and push the state-of-the-art in virtual world rendering for photo-realistic and data visualization purposes
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- Stay up-to-date with real-time rendering techniques and evaluate disruptive technologies for web-based 3D rendering engines
More experienced individuals will:
- Lead the architecture design and vision of our 3D rendering engine, including evaluating the use of next gen technologies like WebGPU or game engines
- Help manage our team of excellent software developers
- 6+ years of software development experience in the field of real-time rendering
- Excellent programming and software architecture skills
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Master’s or PhD in computer science with a focus on computer graphics and real-time rendering
- Experience designing and implementing game engines or comparable rendering engines
- Experience working with popular 3D engines (Unreal, Unity, three.js, etc.)
- Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D formats
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, etc.)
Our Zurich team enjoys:
- Free lunches and fresh fruit
- Free coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Fun team activities
- Competitive salary
- 40-hour work week
- Flexible working hours
- Dynamic, fast-growing international team
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.